In the past, I wrote a chrome extension that bypassed NYT’s monthly article limit. That extension no longer works, and I haven’t really tried this because I found an easier way to get around this limit. Maybe someone else might find this useful! In the future, I might try to re-write that extension again, but in the meantime, you can try this:
How to Go Around NYT’s Monthly Article Limit Without A Plugin!
Whenever you reach your monthly article limit, just reset your cache and app data in your browser.
In chrome you can do that the following way:
1. Close all NYT tabs or windows. It won’t work if any NYT related content is open.
2. Go to Tools > Settings > Clear Cache and Browsing Data.
3. Select “Empty the cache” and “Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data”. I suggest selecting from “the beginning of time” too, just to be safe.
4. Click “Clear Browsing Data”.
5. Close your browser and re-open it. If this doesn’t work, try again!