Here, you can see a bit of the process and the trajectory the project took:

Here you can see the final print of the poster, with some accompanying detail photographs:

For this piece, made for the VCU Department of Kinetic Imaging, I decided to merge the world of kinetic imaging with design, photography, and programming. Rather than designing a poster using a designer’s set of the usual digital tools, I created a program/script that creates a poster layout and then sets them in motion.

You can see this script in action here:

Then, while running this script, I started taking long exposure photos of my script running. While the script made these figures look very stiff and static, long exposure photography but them in motion, thereby creating a connection to kinetic imaging. I experiment with different layouts, speeds, images, size and colors. At the end, over 300 20 seconds photographs were taken.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!